So, you just got into Project Zomboid and want to get your hands on some firepower. You want some zombie-killing guns. While that sounds pretty useful, guns can be a double-edged tool in the Project Zomboid world as they can easily attract further zombies into your vicinity.
You can use almost anything to take down a zombie in Project Zomboid, whether it be a spoon, crafted weapon, machete, or even your bare hands. But the quickest way to put a zombie in the dirt is to shoot it with a gun. Guns are pretty helpful but also pretty dangerous. Finding guns isn’t hard, so here’s where you can find guns in Project Zomboid.
Table of Contents
Get Guns Off The Undead
The easiest way you can get a gun in Project Zomboid is by killing a zombie that already has a gun in its hands. Almost every profession in the game is zombified, whether it be military, special forces, or even cops. They do have guns on their hands which they won’t be using, so you should put a cop zombie out of its misery. Just scout for the closest zombie police officer and take their gun.
While it seems straightforward, there are downsides to getting a gun like this. First, you must engage in a fight that can also turn deadly. And second, you won’t find a large amount of ammo. Ammo is scarce and limited in the game, and the most you’ll get your hands on is a full clip or a magazine, and that’s pretty much it.
You need to put your noggin to work and figure out where to find guns in the game. Just think where they would usually spawn. Put your mind to work and follow your gut in Project Zomboid, and you’ll eventually come across some guns. Guns will spawn exactly where you think they would. Your best bet is military checkpoints.
Military checkpoints have some of the highest-end weapons in the game, followed by police stations that house your standard pistols and shotguns that pack a punch. In the game, you can find guns in lockers, gun stores, storage crates, wardrobes, and dressers.
To make things easier, here’s a list of all possible locations where you can get your hands on guns in Project Zomboid:
- Search for weapons in Police Stations.
- One of your best bets to find weapons is the Riverside Police Station.
- Rosewood Police Station houses some valuable guns.
- Alternatively, you can make your way to West Point Police Stations.
- Head over to West Point Gun Store.
- A few Residential Homes also have some guns in-store.
- Barricaded Buildings are known to house some weapons.
- Check out the Louiseville Police Outpost, and you might get lucky.
- While you’re in Louiseville, make sure to check the Army Surplus Store and the Military Checkpoint.
- Search the Military Base North of Rosewood.
- Infiltrate the Dixie Police Station for some weapons.
- Alternatively, you can opt for the Muldraugh Police Stations too.
- You can also find weapons in the Valley Station Shooting Range.
You can come across guns of all types or rarities in Project Zomboid while looting either zombies or containers as listed below:
- Police Zombies
- Army Zombies
- Storage Crates
- Metal Lockers
You’ll occasionally need to get past locked doors in Project Zomboid, and for this, you need to find an ax, or you can find a key on Zombie cops. And then, you can quickly get your hands on the Police Armory.
So, that’s pretty much it for the Project Zomboid Weapon Location Guide. Beware, as weapons can attract further zombies in this simple-looking yet complicated game.