In Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, the class system returns. Classes are broken into Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Master classes. Choosing the right class for each character has a big impact on gameplay as using the best class for every character can mean the difference between life and death.
In this class guide, we’ll walk you through which classes you should use for each character if you want them to be the strongest they can be so you can survive Hard Mode on Classic difficulty.
Table of Contents
- How classes work in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
- The best classes for each character in Three Hopes
- Other Characters
How classes work in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Like all Fire Emblem games, playable units are divided into classes. In Three Hopes, there are 4 tiers of classes:
Most of the playable characters in Three Hopes start with Beginner classes. We recommend keeping all the characters in their starting Beginner class as it’s just easier. And characters play as any class at any time. So if you want to make Lysithea an Armored Knight, go for it.
As you progress through the game, you’ll earn Intermediate, Advanced, and Master seals, which characters can use to allow them to take a certification exam to unlock another class. For example, a Monk can become a Mage or Priest at the Intermediate tier.
The best classes for each character in Three Hopes
Here are the classes we recommend for each character so they perform at their highest peak.
Shez – Main character
The best class for Shez is their unique class – Asura. It offers high stat growths, impressive crowd control, and powerful single-target abilities. Shez can thrive as a Mortal Savant or Trickster, but Fluegel outclasses both due to it being a unique class with crazy combo abilities.
Scarlet Blaze – Edelgard’s route
The Scarlet Blaze route sees players working with Edelgard. Here are the best classes for each character in Edelgard’s group once Intermediate classes become available:
- Edelgard: Emperor – Edelgard’s unique class is her best option. She has high defense and strength, allowing her to dole out punishment while taking hits.
- Hubert: Dark Bishop – Keeping with his creepy vibe, Hubert is best suited to play as a Dark Bishop due to his high Magic stat and Resistance.
- Dorothea: Gremory – Dorothea makes a great Gremory because of her decent Magic stats and high Speed. The additional healing is great if your party isn’t good at avoiding damage and needs healing.
- Bernadetta: Bow Knight – Bernadetta has high Dexterity and Speed, allowing her to zip around the battlefield and easily land critical hits.
- Ferdinand: Holy Knight – Ferdinand is probably one of the most jack of all trades characters in Three Hopes. He doesn’t excel or have a lack of growth in any particular stat. So while he could perform well in any class, Holy Knight is the best option because he has decent Strength, Speed, and Resistance.
- Caspar: War Master – Caspar has high Strength, Speed, and Dexterity with slightly low Defense and Resistance stats making War Master’s riskier playstyle the perfect mix of risk vs. reward.
- Petra: Trickster – Petra’s high Speed and Dexterity ensure she’ll be able to move throughout the battlefield while making it easy to dodge enemy attacks.
- Linhardt: Dark Bishop – Linhardt is the perfect Dark Bishop in Edelgard’s route. With his high Magic and Resistance, he can heal your group in the direst situations without worrying about his safety (though dodge when you can).
- Monica: Gremory – Monica makes a great Gremory due to her high Magic and unique weapon, Wind Caller’s Genesis having 40 Might at its base form.
- Manuela: Gremory – Manuela is a great Gremory due to her high Magic stat. She has great healing abilities and decent Magic growth.
- Jeritza: Death Knight – Jeritza makes a perfect Death Knight due to his balanced Strength and Magic growth. He has balanced stats and great Move, allowing him to take on any situation.
Azure Gleam – Dimitri’s route
The Azure Gleam route sees players working with Dimitri. Here are the best classes for each character in Dimitri’s group once Intermediate classes become available:
- Dimitri: Great Lord – This is Dimitri’s unique class and best class. Dimitri’s monstrous Strength growth, combined with his unique weapon – Areadbhar- and high Speed and Dexterity, allow him to mow enemies down with ease.
- Dedue: Great Knight – Dedue is a natural tank due to his high Defense and HP growth. Great Knight isn’t that slow to play with either, so it’s an excellent option for players who don’t want to dodge and want to focus on relentless attacks.
- Mercedes: Gremory– Mercedes is a great Gremory due to her high Magic and Dexterity stats. She can heal and deal damage with ease.
- Ashe: Bow Knight – Ashe’s high Move, Dexterity, and Luck make him a natural Bow Knight. Plus, he can pick locks without fighting another enemy for a key, so you can ensure you don’t miss out on rewards.
- Felix: Mortal Savant – Felix makes for a great Mortal Savant due to his high Strength, Move, and Dexterity. His dodge ability makes it easy for him to dish out damage and get out of danger when needed.
- Annette: Gremory – Annette is a natural Gremory due to her high Magic and Move stats. Her unique abilities make it easy for her to get the most out of the Gremory class.
- Sylvain: Holy Knight – Sylvain’s stat growths give him high Strength, Defense, and Move. This allows him to benefit from the Holy Knight’s usage of Lances and healing abilities to take on enemies in any situation.
- Ingrid: Falcon Knight – Ingrid has great all-around stat growths – especially Resistance. This lets her benefit from the Falcon Knight class as she can move anywhere easily while ensuring she can survive against pesky enemy Mages.
- Rodrigue: Holy Knight – Like Sylvain, Rodrigue has excellent Strength and Defense. He benefits from the Holy Knight’s high Move allowing him to focus on dealing damage and getting away quickly from hairy situations.
Golden Wildfire – Claude’s route
The Golden Wildfire route sees players working with Claude. Here are the best classes for each character in Claude’s group once Intermediate classes become available:
- Claude: Barbarossa – Claude’s unique class, is by far his best class. He has high Move, Speed, Strength, and Dexterity, allowing him to fly across the battlefield and deal lots of damage from afar due to using bows.
- Hilda: Wyvern Lord – Hilda’s high Strength and HP make her a natural Wyvern Lord. She can dish out lots of damage, and her high HP allows you to make mistakes if you’re not the best at dodging.
- Lorenz: Dark Knight– Lorenz is unique because he can specialize in Strength or Magic-based classes because of his stat growth. He excels in any class, but we recommend Dark Knight, thanks to his crest providing a chance to deal extra damage with offensive magic. Enemies on harder difficulties hit hard, so the additional damage will save him.
- Raphael: War Master – Raphael’s high outrageously high HP and Strength make him a natural for the War Master role.
- Ignatz: Bow Knight– Ignatz has high Dexterity making it easier for him to land critical hits. His Resistance is also above-average, so he’s a valuable unit against Mages.
- Lysithea: Gremory – Lysithea is a powerhouse as a Gremory due to her high Magic stat. While her defenses are low, Lysithea can eliminate most enemies before they have a chance to attack.
- Marianne: Holy Knight – Marianne has high Magic, making it easier for her to heal her allies. Her passive ability, Animal Friend, offers consistent healing if her adjutant ally is mounted.
- Leonie: Holy Knight– Leonie is a character who benefits from high Strength, Dexterity, and Move. Holy Knight is a great option for Leonie as they allow her to benefit from her high physical stats and defense.
- Shamir: Bow Knight – Shamir is a natural Bow Knight with her high Speed and Dexterity. Her unique ability, Cold Calculation, increases her critical hit rate and imbues her attacks with ice with proper timing.
These are characters who are available in the game, but aren’t locked to a specific route:
- Byleth: Enlightened One
- Jeralt: Holy Knight
- Rhea: Saint
- Sothis: Gremory
- Gatekeeper: Holy Knight