In a Developer Insight trailer released today, Bungie offered a deep dive into the updated Solar 3.0 abilities and how they affect gameplay.
Check out the video below to learn what Bungie had to say about the development process for Solar 3.0 along with some gameplay previews. After the video, we’ll provide some details about the new aspects and abilities for each class.
Kevin Yanes, Design Lead at Bungie, said, “We wanted to make sure we deliver on the fire god fantasy.” Based on what we’ve seen in the trailer, it looks like Solar 3.0 is going to be an explosive good time.
Here are more details about the new Aspects and abilities coming with Solar 3.0 in Season of the Haunted.
New Solar Aspects
The new aspects for each class are as follows (gallery is below):
- Warlock – Touch of Flame: Improves the functionality of grenades with healing, longer duration, etc.
- Titan – Roaring Flames: Final blows increase the damage of Solar abilities (max of 3 stacks)
- Titan – Sol Invictus: Create Sunspots that heal and buff allies while damaging enemies
- Hunter – On Your Mark: Precision final blows increase weapon handling and reload speed (max of 3 stacks)
- Hunter – Knock ‘Em Down: Enhances your Solar super abilities
New Solar Abilities
- Touch of Flame Solar Grenade: A lingering grenade that shoots out molten bolts
- Dawnblade – Incinerator Snap: Make your best Roy Mustang impression by shooting out 3 bolts of Solar grenades
- Dawnblade – Phoenix Dive: Dive at enemies while airborne
- Sunbreaker – Consecration: Slam down with 2(!) hammers and unleash a fiery wave that damages all enemies in its path
- Gunslinger – Gunpowder Gamble Tripmine: Throw a mine with a large AOE radius
- Gunslinger – Dive: Flip forward and empower your allies
Season of the Haunted and Solar 3.0 launched today and are available once you update your game with the newest patch.